New York Personal Injury Lawyers
Accident Claims for the Wrongfully Injured in the 5 Boroughs of NYC & the Surrounding Counties
If you have been injured due to the negligent or careless actions of others, then you may have a right to seek financial compensation for your personal injuries. At The Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky, we always provide prompt, personalized legal advice and representation. For decades, New York personal injury attorney Deborah Truhowsky has worked hard to be both an aggressive and compassionate legal advocate for her clients, and has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for the wrongfully injured.
Thanks to our legal team’s many years of combined experience, we understand how to collect conclusive evidence and build a strong case that will help you obtain the just compensation you so rightfully deserve.
Schedule your free consultation today - contact us here.
What is Personal Injury?
People with severe personal injuries can suffer intense physical pain and lasting emotional damages. As these injuries often render clients unable to work, their families may experience a significant disruption in income and lifestyle for years to come.
For this reason, people who have been wrongfully injured due to the negligent or careless actions of another person or company can file a lawsuit to recover the losses suffered in the form of monetary compensation.
Examples of personal injury cases include:
- Auto, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Construction and other work accidents
- Nursing home, hospital, assisted living, and home care neglect and abuse
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Premises liability claims
- Defective/hazardous product claims
Suffering an injury due to one of the examples above or another incident can be a traumatic and stressful experience. Our firm focuses on securing the medical treatment and funds wrongfully injured New Yorkers need to get back on their feet.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
The Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky is passionate about fighting for those who are vulnerable and have been harmed due to the negligence or misconduct of others, especially the elderly. In many cases, the wrongdoers are for-profit entities that do not readily take responsibility for their actions and the harm they have done. We are prepared to hold them liable to the fullest extent possible.
Our four primary practice areas related to wrongful injuries are:
- Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse: Elder neglect and abuse occur when a nursing home, hospital, medical professional, home health aide, or assisted living facility fails to provide proper care and a resident/patient suffers injuries as a result.
- Wrongful Death: When a person dies because of the negligence or misconduct of an individual, company, or facility you can sue the at-fault party for damages.
- Medical Malpractice: When a mistake or omission by a medical professional causes harm to a patient, the victim may be able to bring a lawsuit against the person or facility responsible.
- Personal Injury: When a person is hurt due to the negligence of another, often resulting from a fall, motor vehicle accident, construction accident, or defective/hazardous product.
If you or a loved one has been injured and someone else is responsible, contact us online or call (888) 400-1691. We will do our best to ensure that you receive the maximum financial compensation possible for your pain and suffering.
Receive Just Compensation for Your Injuries
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, or you lost someone close to you due to another’s negligence, we will fight to obtain the maximum compensation possible for the pain and suffering, medical bills, and other expenses you and your family have incurred.
Serious injuries can be costly; in the event that the accident victim has suffered from a catastrophic injury, such as the loss of a limb or severe spinal cord damage, the medical bills can be astronomical. Such injuries can affect every facet of your life, and lead to physical and emotional pain in addition to financial hurdles. While filing a personal injury lawsuit cannot take back the trauma, stress, and pain already endured, it can help remove the burden of worrying about how you’re going to pay for everything as well as help you begin to heal the other aspects of your life that have been affected.
At The Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky, we have decades of experience aggressively fighting for our injured client’s rights to just compensation and medical care. We will fight for your right to receive the maximum compensation you deserve, including:
- Pain and suffering, such as physical and emotional trauma and other non-economic losses
- Death benefits in the event that you have lost a loved one
- All your accident-related medical expenses, including ongoing costs
- Lost wages you missed out on from having to take time away from work to recover
- Other compensable losses deemed reasonable and necessary
How Can I Prove Pain and Suffering?
In order to validate claims of pain and suffering, your attorney can help you present the following as proof:
- An expert testimony
- Your psychiatric records
- Your medical records, bills and prognosis
- Photos or videos of your damage and injuries
Don’t Settle for a Low Settlement—Contact The Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky Now!
When an injury occurs, it is common in some circumstances for the injured party to be contacted early on and offered a settlement by the responsible party’s insurance carrier. Do not accept this offer! This tactic is often used before the full extent of the damages is known. What may at first seem like a minor injury can get progressively worse as time goes by. Do not leave yourself vulnerable to a lifetime of disability and suffering for which you have only partially been compensated.
We provide the skilled legal representation needed to defend the rights of those who have been injured, abused, or neglected and can help them and their families receive just financial compensation for their loss. As a staunch advocate for the elderly, we can also recommend appropriate agencies and resources that can provide additional assistance to clients and their families.
Our New York personal injury attorneys have extensive experience in helping clients successfully resolve personal injury cases, and we will fight just as hard for you. As we are paid on a contingency fee basis, in most cases there are no upfront costs.
Get the answers to all your questions on personal injury. Obtain information to help protect your loved ones by calling (888) 400-1691 now to schedule your free consultation.