New York Defective Product Attorneys
Product Liability Claims in the 5 Boroughs of New York City & the Surrounding Counties
If you or someone close to you has been injured due to a defective product, you may be able to take legal action against the responsible party and receive compensation for your injuries. At The Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky, our New York defective product attorneys have advocated for the rights of the wrongfully injured for decades. We will investigate your case, collect evidence, and devise legal strategies that will allow you to go up against even the largest product manufacturing companies and their legal teams.
Call (888) 400-1691 or contact us online now to set up your complimentary case evaluation.
What Is Product Liability?
We purchase products under the assumption that they will be safe to use. However, flaws in the design, construction, or marketing of a product can create hazards that lead to injury and even death. In the event that a defective product harms a user, you can bring a lawsuit against the responsible party and receive compensation for your injuries—if you can prove negligence led to your accident. This type of claim is known as “product liability.”
Types of Defective Product Cases
Determining who is liable in a defective product case can be tricky. After all, so many people are involved in the process of making and selling products—designers, manufacturers, delivery drivers, store associates, marketers, etc.—that honing in on the appropriate person(s) and/or companies to file a lawsuit against can seem almost impossible.
There are three primary types of product defects:
- Design defects: If a product is dangerous because of the way it is designed and the designer either didn’t notice or ignored the hazard, you can sue the designer for damages.
- Manufacturer defects: Manufacturer defects occur when there is a flaw in the manufacturing process. A manufacturing defect can affect a single product on the assembly line or an entire batch.
- Marketing defects: Also known as “failure to warn,” marketing defects occur when consumers are not notified of dangers associated with the proper use of a product. This is why you see warning labels on products that have the potential to cause harm.
If you are having trouble determining who is liable, we can help. Our defective product lawyers understand this process and how to investigate the cause of an injury to pinpoint its source. We are happy to determine the at-fault party on your behalf.
Common Product Defects
While any product has the potential to be defective, some are more likely to cause serious injury in the event of a malfunction. Common product defects include:
- Automotive defects, such as faulty brakes and airbags that don’t deploy
- Defective drugs, which can cause patients to become ill or suffer allergic reactions
- Defective medical devices, such as faulty surgical devices and implants
- Toys and other defective children’s products, like playground equipment
- Heavy machinery defects, which can be particularly dangerous for construction, factory, and other heavy industry workers
Our Product Liability Attorneys Will Advocate for Your Right to the Maximum Compensation Possible
At The Law Firm of D.F. Truhowsky, we possess the resources, knowledge, and determination necessary to get you the results you deserve. We can handle the legal process on your behalf, so you can spend this time focusing more on your recovery than litigation.
Our New York defective product lawyers will:
- Prepare the strongest case possible for trial (even though most cases are settled before trial, we always prepare for court just in case)
- Stand up to companies big and small (and their insurance carriers) if they try to deny you just compensation and/or blame you for your injury
- Thoroughly investigate your case to determine how you got hurt and gather evidence to show who is at fault
- Properly determine the value of your case and advocate for your right to full compensation
Contact us today to discuss your case and learn more about how we can help.